To fulfill my mission to read more, I allocated a minimum of 2 hours per day every morning to reading. By doing so, I discovered multiple benefits that enabled me to grow as a human being and, in the process, help others around me. That’s because, in keeping us sharp and improving our own knowledge, books help us better serve the world and others.
I opted for physical hard copies of several books and made it my priority to extract value and get concrete results from them.
Here’s a list of the 5 books that changed my life. I have read each one of them multiple times and always am surprised with how much value they continue to offer.
The 10X Rule will teach you to:
- Learn the “Estimation of Effort” calculation to ensure you exceed your targets.
- Make the Fourth Degree a way of life and defy mediocrity.
- Discover the time management myth.
- Understand the exact reasons why some people fail and others succeed.
- Know the exact formula to solve any problem.
If you want to be successful in business and in life, you must ‘‘10X’’ every action you take. The 10X Rule helps you redefine what success really means and how to reach it. It underscores the degree of separation between people who just want to get by and people who want to stand out. Consequently, I keep this book with me everywhere I go, as it is a constant reminder of what I need to do to be great in life.
2) The Miracle Morning by Hal Elrod
The Miracle Morning is a second book that really resonated with me this past year in regards to personal development. Every morning, I use this book’s insightful knowledge to prepare for the day ahead. The six practices called “life S.A.V.E.R.S” helped me improve several areas of my life and literally transformed my way of thinking. This book will teach you a successful routine to feel energized, excited, and empowered.
Here is a glimpse of the six practices:
- Silence: taking time to pray, meditate, reflect, take deep breaths, and be grateful are key areas to practice on a daily basis.
- Affirmation: assessing what you want, why you want it, who you are committed to becoming in order to create it, what amount of action you’re committed to taking, and how to tap into your emotions.
- Visualization: visualize what you want, who you need to be and what you need to do.
- Exercise: to boost your energy, enhance health, and improve self confidence
- Reading: read, read, and read to expand your knowledge on different topics.
- Scribing: have a personal diary to express yourself without any judgment.
3) Crush It! by Gary Vaynerchuk
This book covers the following platforms:
- WordPress & Tumblr
If you want to make an impact on people’s live, show them that you genuinely care. Combine hustle with passion in your content to inspire people across the globe. The most important thing is to remain true to yourself. This book will teach you how to do that.
4) Sell or be Sold by Grant Cardone
He will also teach you the following success essentials:
- Selling in a bad economy
- Overcoming call reluctance
- Filling your pipeline with new business
- Staying positive, despite rejection
With the experience of a seasoned sales vet at the helm, Sell or Be Sold will change the way you perceive the sale—and life.
5) Winning by Jack Welch
So there you go folks. I’ve listed five of my favorite books I’ve read in the past year. I strongly recommend anyone to read these and to share their opinion. Remember knowledge is power!
What are your favorite books you read in the past year and why?