Steve Jobs was an iconic American entrepreneur and inventor best known as the co-founder, chairman, and CEO of Apple Inc.
Widely recognized for his charisma, extreme work ethic, and passion for design, Jobs pioneered the personal computer revolution. But he wouldn’t stop there; Throughout his life, he transformed “one industry after another, from computers and smartphones to music and movies.” Leaving a legacy of indisputably great products, he also provided a wealth of ideas and quotes that continue to motivate and inspire people all over the world.
Enjoy these 15 immortal Steve Jobs Quotes that prove his genius endures.
1. “Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle. As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it.”
2. “My model for business is The Beatles. They were four guys who kept each other’s kind of negative tendencies in check. They balanced each other, and the total was greater than the sum of the parts. That’s how I see business: Great things in business are never done by one person, they’re done by a team of people.”
3. “Being the richest man in the cemetery doesn’t matter to me. Going to bed at night saying we’ve done something wonderful, that’s what matters to me.”
4. “Sometimes when you innovate, you make mistakes. It is best to admit them quickly, and get on with improving your other innovations.”
5. “You can’t connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something – your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. This approach has never let me down, and it has made all the difference in my life.”
6. “Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart.”
7. “Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower.”
8. “Bottom line is, I didn’t return to Apple to make a fortune. I’ve been very lucky in my life and already have one. When I was 25, my net worth was $100 million or so. I decided then that I wasn’t going to let it ruin my life. There’s no way you could ever spend it all, and I don’t view wealth as something that validates my intelligence.”
9. “My favorite things in life don’t cost any money. It’s really clear that the most precious resource we all have is time.”
10. “Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren’t used to an environment where excellence is expected.”
11. “That’s been one of my mantras – focus and simplicity. Simple can be harder than complex: You have to work hard to get your thinking clean to make it simple. But it’s worth it in the end because once you get there, you can move mountains.”
12. “Things don’t have to change the world to be important.”
13. “Technology is nothing. What’s important is that you have a faith in people, that they’re basically good and smart, and if you give them tools, they’ll do wonderful things with them.”
14. “Sometimes life hits you in the head with a brick. Don’t lose faith.”
15. “I’m convinced that about half of what separates successful entrepreneurs from the non-successful ones is pure perseverance.”