It’s not easy being an entrepreneur. Whether you’re in the early stages of a startup or just trying to grow your business, you may sometimes wonder if being an entrepreneur is really worth the trouble.
It is exactly these times when you might just need a little push or burst of inspiration. So, instead of throwing-in the towel, keep your head up and look to the following 50 quotes for the inspiration and motivation to persist.
“The critical ingredient is getting off your butt and doing something. It’s as simple as that. A lot of people have ideas, but there are few who decide to do something about them now. Not tomorrow. Not next week. But today. The true entrepreneur is a doer, not a dreamer.” –Nolan Bushnell, entrepreneur.
“Do. Or do not. There is no try.” – Yoda, Jedi Master.
“Commitment isn’t measured by doing the things you want to do but doing the things you
don’t want to do when you don’t want to do them. This is how you get FREEDOM – sacrifice a few years for a life!” –Grant Cardone, Sales and Business Expert.
- “It’s not about ideas. It’s about making ideas happen.” – Scott Belsky, co-founder of Behance.
- “Success doesn’t necessarily come from breakthrough innovation but from flawless execution. A great strategy alone won’t win a game or a battle; the win comes from basic blocking and tackling.” – Naveen Jain, co-founder Moon Express.
- “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma – which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of other’s opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.” – Steve Jobs, co-founder of Apple.
- “It can’t be done? WATCH ME!” – Peter Sage, the “enlightened entrepreneur.”
- “I’ve missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times I’ve been trusted to take the game’s winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life and that’s why I succeed.” – Michael Jordan, NBA Hall of Famer.
- “There’s nothing wrong with staying small. You can do big things with a small team.” – Jason Fried, founder of 37signal.
- “We must all remember life doesn’t have to be fair for us to succeed, if we take charge and become masters and creators of our own destiny!” – Dan Pena, businessman and mentor.
- “Ideas are easy. Implementation is hard.” – Guy Kawasaki, founder of AllTop.
- “My biggest motivation? Just to keep challenging myself. I see life almost like one long University education that I never had — everyday I’m learning something new.” – Richard Branson
- “Success is like wrestling a lion. You don’t rest when you’re tired, you rest when the lion is tired.” – Adam Buschbacher, founder of SuccessFastlane.com
“If you just work on stuff that you like and you’re passionate about, you don’t have to have a master plan with how things will play out.” – Mark Zuckerberg, founder of Facebook.
- “The best way to predict the future is to create it.” – Peter Drucker
- “Never give in–never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.” – Winston Churchill, British Prime Minister.
- “There’s lots of bad reasons to start a company. But there’s only one good, legitimate reason, and I think you know what it is: it’s to change the world.” – Phil Libin, CEO of Evernote.
- “The price of success is hard work, dedication to the job at hand, and the determination that whether we win or lose, we have applied the best of ourselves to the task at hand.” – Vince Lombardi, head coach of the Green Bay Packers (1959-1967).
- “No more romanticizing about how cool it is to be an entrepreneur. It’s a struggle to save your company’s life – and your own skin – every day of the week.” – Spencer Fry, CarbonMade co-founder
- “When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” Henry Ford, founder of Ford Motor Company.
- “You shouldn’t focus on why you can’t do something, which is what most people do. You should focus on why perhaps you can, and be one of the exceptions.” – Steve Case, co-founder of AOL.
- “Watch, listen, and learn. You can’t know it all yourself. Anyone who thinks they do is destined for mediocrity.” – Donald Trump, chairman of The Trump Organization, the Trump Plaza Associates, LLC.
- “Don’t worry about people stealing your design work. Worry about the day they stop.” –Jeffrey Zeldman, A List Apart Publisher
- “Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover.” Mark Twain, author.
- “A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.” – Albert Einstein, physicist.
- “Risk more than others think is safe. Dream more than others think is practical.” – Howard Schultz, CEO of Starbucks
- “Winners never quit and quitters never win.” – Vince Lombardi, head coach of the Green Bay Packers (1959-1967).
- “I’m convinced that about half of what separates the successful entrepreneurs from the non-successful ones is pure perseverance.” – Steve Jobs, co-founder and CEO of Apple.
- “The last 10% it takes to launch something takes as much energy as the first 90%.” –Rob Kalin, Etsy founder
- “Be undeniably good. No marketing effort or social media buzzword can be a substitute for that.” – Anthony Volodkin, founder of HypeMachine..
- “The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.” – Walt Disney, co-founder of the Walt Disney Company.
- “You miss 100 percent of the shots you don’t take.” Wayne Gretzky, NHL Hall of Famer.
- “Do not be embarrassed by your failures, learn from them and start again.” – Richard Branson, founder of the Virgin Group.
- “If you don’t know what to do with your life, do something that saves lives. The world is full of of people in need, be the part of their life that fills that need.” – Sanjeev Saxena.
- “I hate how many people think, “glass half-empty” when their glass is really four-fifths full. I’m grateful when I have one drop in the glass because I know exactly what to do with it.” – Gary Vaynerchuk, co-founder and CEO of VaynerMedia.
- “Money is like gasoline during a road trip. You don’t want to run out of gas on your trip, but you’re not doing a tour of gas stations.” –Tim O’Reilly, O’Reilly Media founder and CEO
- “It’s hard to beat a person who never gives up.” – Babe Ruth, Major League Baseball Hall of Famer.
- “For all of the most important things, the timing always sucks. Waiting for a good time to quit your job? The stars will never align and the traffic lights of life will never all be green at the same time. The universe doesn’t conspire against you, but it doesn’t go out of its way to line up the pins either. Conditions are never perfect. “Someday” is a disease that will take your dreams to the grave with you. Pro and con lists are just as bad. If it’s important to you and you want to do it “eventually,” just do it and correct course along the way.”- Timothy Ferriss, author of The 4-Hour Work Week.
- “Timing, perseverance, and ten years of trying will eventually make you look like an overnight success.” – Biz Stone, co-founder of Twitter.
- “You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don’t try.” Beverly Sills, opera singer.
- “The media wants overnight successes (so they have someone to tear down). Ignore them. Ignore the early adopter critics that never have enough to play with. Ignore your investors that want proven tactics and predictable instant results. Listen instead to your real customers, to your vision and make something for the long haul. Because that’s how long it’s going to take, guys. – Seth Godin, author, entrepreneur, marketer, and public speaker.
- “Don’t worry about funding if you don’t need it. Today it’s cheaper to start a business than ever.”- Noah Everett, founder Twitpic.
- “If you can’t fly then run, if you can’t run then walk, if you can’t walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.” – Martin Luther King, Jr., pastor, activist, humanitarian and Civil Rights leader.
- “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” – Thomas Edison, inventor.
- “In the modern world of business, it is useless to be a creative, original thinker unless you can also sell what you create.” – David Ogilvy, co-founder of Ogilvy & Mather.
- “It doesn’t matter how many times you fail. It doesn’t matter how many times you almost get it right. No one is going to know or care about your failures, and neither should you. All you have to do is learn from them and those around you because all that matters in business is that you get it right once. Then everyone can tell you how lucky you are.” – Mark Cuban, Chairman of AXS TV, Owner of Landmark Theaters.
- “Success is how high you bounce after you hit bottom.” – General George Patton.
- “Positive thinking will let you do everything better than negative thinking will.” – Zig Ziglar, author, salesman, and motivational speaker.
“I’m not afraid of dying, I’m afraid of not trying.” – Jay Z, musician.
- “Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, the mind can achieve.” – Dr. Napoleon Hill, author of Think and Grow Rich.
Thanks for reading! If you liked my story, do me a favor and click the like or share button below.