There are times in life when we can all use a burst of inspiration and a simple reminder that happiness is a choice.
These bite-sized pieces of wisdom can help lift us out of a bad mood and give us a brighter outlook. Additionally, happiness quotes can motivate us to make choices each day that will help us create a happy life.
Enjoy these 15 quotes about happiness that do just that.
1. “Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions.” -Dalai Lama
2. “Those who are not looking for happiness are the most likely to find it, because those who are searching forget that the surest way to be happy is to seek happiness for others.” -Martin Luther King Jr.
3. “A happy life consists not in the absence, but in the mastery of hardships.” -Helen Keller
4. “Happiness is commonly mistaken for passively experienced pleasure or leisure… True
happiness is a verb. It’s the ongoing dynamic performance of worthy deeds.” -Epictetus
5. “Happiness is activity with purpose.” -Jim Rohn
6. “Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.” -Buddha
7. “Everyone wants to live on top of the mountain, but all the happiness and growth occurs
while you’re climbing it.” -Andy Rooney
8. “I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn’t arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I’m going to be happy in it.” -Groucho Marx
7. “The primary cause of unhappiness is never the situation but your thoughts about it.” -Eckhart Tolle
8. “But what is happiness except the simple harmony between a man and the life he leads?” -Albert Camus
9. “The happiness of your life depends upon the quality of your thoughts: therefore, guard accordingly, and take care that you entertain no notions unsuitable to virtue and reasonable nature.” – Marcus Aurelius
10. “If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice
compassion.” -Dalai Lama
11. “Happiness doesn’t depend on any external conditions, it is governed by our mental attitude.” -Dale Carnegie
12. “Research has shown that the best way to be happy is to make each day happy.” -Deepak Chopra
14. “The art of being happy lies in the power of extracting happiness from common things.” -Henry Ward Beecher
15. “Happiness makes up in height for what it lacks in length.” -Robert Frost
Thanks for reading! If you liked my story, do me a favor and click the like or share button below.